Simmons Machine Tool Corporation has expanded throughout the world together with its partner companies within the NSH Group. Simmons manufactures the broadest product line of specialized machine tools for railway wheel set maintenance and production worldwide.
Our product portfolio contains:
- Underfloor Wheel Re-Profiling Machines for in-situ wheel re-profiling of locomotives, transit vehicles, and high speed trains
- Above-Floor Wheel Re-Profiling Machines for re-profiling single wheel sets
- Wheel Mounting and Demounting Presses for assembling wheel sets and removing wheels from axles
- Wheel Boring Machines for boring and machining wheels
- Axles Lathes for used axle maintenance and new axle production
- Wheel Set Measuring Systems for inspecting and qualifying wheel set components
- Engineered-to-Order Wheel Shop Layouts: Simmons provides engineering consulting services to assist customers with layout of new facilities and rearranging existing facilities
- Customer Service: Simmons stocks the largest inventory of OEM spare and replacement parts for the complete Simmons, Stanray®, Hegenscheidt, Niles, and Farrel machine tool product lines
Learn more about Simmons' history.