Simmons Machine Tool Corporation has expanded throughout the world together with its partner companies within the NSH Group. Simmons manufactures the broadest product line of specialized machine tools for railway wheel set maintenance and production worldwide.
Our product portfolio contains:
- Underfloor Wheel Re-Profiling Machines for in-situ wheel re-profiling of locomotives, transit vehicles, and high speed trains
- Above-Floor Wheel Re-Profiling Machines for re-profiling single wheel sets
- Wheel Mounting and Demounting Presses for assembling wheel sets and removing wheels from axles
- Wheel Boring Machines
- Axles Lathes for used axle maintenance and new axles production
- Metrology and Measuring Systems integrated with Simmons’ wheel boring machines and wheel presses for fully automated 'zero defect' assembly of wheel sets
- Stand-alone Wheel Set Measuring Systems and Axle Measuring Systems
- Engineered-to-Order Wheel Shop Layouts: Simmons provides engineering consulting services to assist customers with layout of new facilities and rearranging existing facilities
- Customer Service: Simmons stocks the largest inventory of OEM spare and replacement parts specifically for ensuring uptime of our customers' railway machine tools
Learn more about Simmons' history.