Personnel in the Specialist Track are direct labor personnel who are highly skilled in a specific trade who may also have limited skills in other trades and add value inside the manufacturing environment. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Receive instructions, prints, and work orders for a specific job and plan the details of the work procedure including tools and material requirements
- Weld, braze burn, and bend steel; repair broken and worn parts and repair various types of equipment
- Fabricate equipment by cutting, burning, and welding various metals
- Repair equipment by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded
- Set up, assemble, and tack weld parts
- Build up worn or defective surfaces
- Use burn equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly
- Dismantle or cut up obsolete machinery, setting aside parts for scrap dealer
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by the Machining & Fabrication Manager or any other Manager, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by Simmons Machine Tool Corporation
- Reports to Machining & Fabrication Manager
Training and Opportunities:
Training and opportunity to learn and/or prove skills in the following disciplines include:
- Technical Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Electrical Skills
- Commissioning Skills
- Milling Machining
- Turning Machining
- Special Machining
- Surface Prep/Treatment
- Material Handling
- Large Part/Piece Rigging
- ERP Utilization
- Project Coordination
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Three (3) years experience as a journey-level welder or completion of a recognized training program in the field of welding
- H.S. diploma required or G.E.D
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
- Must be hardworking, reliable, honest, and take pride in workmanship
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards such as safety belts and protective glasses
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran