The Material Coordinator receives, ships, monitors, and moves inventory utilizing computer and related software, organizing and maintaining the location of that inventory as well as related paperwork.
Personnel in the Support Track Function are skilled indirect labor personnel that foster higher productivity and efficiency in the manufacturing environment by insuring needs are met and materials/tools/labor are organized and available as production demands.This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Use computer and related software to receive, ship, monitor, and move inventory
- Organize and maintain location of inventory and related paperwork (5S)
- Ensure all materials are made available when needed to associated departments including machining, assembly, painting, and welding
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Shop Supervisors or any other Manager, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by Simmons Machine Tool Corporation
- Reports to Machining & Fabrication Manager
Training and Opportunities:
Training and opportunity to learn and/or prove skills in the following disciplines include:
- Technical Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Electrical Skills
- Commissioning Skills
- Milling Machining
- Turning Machining
- Special Machining
- Surface Prep/Treatment
- Material Handling
- Large Part/Piece Rigging
- ERP Utilization
- Project Coordination
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy and use logical step-by-step procedures
- General knowledge of manufacturing equipment and small hand and power tools
- Must be very efficient, particular, and detail oriented and be able to follow instructions
- Forklift operator certification preferred but willing to train
- Must be familiar with safe working practices and perform job duties in accordance with those practices
- General knowledge of computers and related software preferred but willing to train
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis required
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment and must be familiar with safe working practices and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards such as safety belts and protective glasses and perform job duties in accordance with those practices
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran