The Mechanical Engineer will develop engineering designs, specifications, cost estimates, technical specifications, and material specifications for high quality, state of the art CNC precision machine tools and related equipment for the railroad industry. This position is responsible for the related design analysis, detailed documentation, and coordination with operations personnel to produce the finished products.
- Convert design concepts into manufacturing drawings using AutoCAD or Inventor 3D solid modeling software
- Respond to unforeseen issues and challenges
- Provide guidance for other engineering and technical personnel as required
- Implement the use of new technologies, cost saving techniques/materials, and improved safety features on equipment designs
- Visualize layouts and designs
- Read, prepare, and understand all engineering documentation used by the company
- Occasional travel (domestic and international) may be required
- Other duties as required by the Director of Engineering
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or related discipline, and 3-5 years increasingly responsible engineering experience in related field
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products
- Excellent organization, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Disciplined and goal oriented, while being creative enough to provide and work with new ideas and approaches to designs and processes
- Team oriented, professional, and enthusiastic
- Work within strict schedules/deadlines and budgets without sacrificing quality
- Communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the company
- Experience in manufacturing processes, machine tools, tolerancing, and materials
- Knowledgeable in hydraulics, pneumatics, power transmission, lubrication, and fabrications
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously (time management); the Mechanical Engineer must be able to switch from one project to another with little or no re-orientation necessary
- Capable of sophisticated analysis in the various disciplines of mechanical engineering
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Send resume with proof of experience to:
Simmons Machine Tool Corporation
Human Resources Dept.
1700 North Broadway
Albany, NY 12204
Fax: (518) 462-0371
Telephone calls will not be accepted.