The Business Analyst/Helpdesk Support position is responsible for determining the needs of internal business systems and work with external vendors and programmers to understand and develop changes within the organization. This position will also oversee all phases of development, testing, and implementation.
- Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments and the organization and create written specs for change orders
- Work with software vendors to understand, develop, test, and deploy program changes and reports
- Consider opportunities and potential risks attached to suggestions you make
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and help to address any uncertainty and concern
- Produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and present to senior management when necessary
- Support staff and teams in making the recommended changes, including helping to resolve issues
- Cover helpdesk support tickets with the Network Administrator to give the customer a fast and permanent resolution
- Communicate progress on support tickets and steps to resolution on the ticketing software
- Add and change users in active directory and exchange server; know basic navigation for DNS inquiries and DHCP
- Develop and monitor appropriate security procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, viruses, unauthorized users, and damage to data
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Phone system administration
- Other duties as required by the Company
- Reports to the Network Administrator
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate’s degree at minimum, Bachelor’s degree preferred in computer science, information technology or a related field and 3 or more year’s experience
- A+ Certified Computer Technician
- Strong knowledge and experience with PC hardware and software technology as well as file interchange, shared network resources, Internet access, and electronic mail
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills along with written and good verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-motivated individual and be able to hit the ground running meeting the company’s and client’s needs
- Must work well with people and combine professionalism and enthusiasm in approach to work
- The ability to understand database structures and joins
- Crystal reports writer experience required
- SQL databases and MS access
- Windows 7 and 10
- Windows server 2012, 2016
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran