Simmons is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time Accounts Payable Specialist position. The Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Controller within our Accounting Department. The individual in this position must be able to work independently and interface with all employees of the company.
- Generating checks for invoices
- Entering invoices into Encompix ERP system
- Maintaining organized files for invoices and payments
- Responding to telephone inquiries from vendors
- Working closely with the Purchasing Department regarding vendor invoicing
- Conducting a monthly closing report on all payables
- Generating payments on recurring monthly expenses (insurances, car payments, etc.) in a timely manner
- Logging and tracking all pre-payments
- Other duties as required by the Accounting Department
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting preferred and three to five years experience as an Accounts Payable Specialist or similar field
- Experience using automated accounting (ERP) systems
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (proficient in MS Excel)
- Proper telephone protocol; duties require professional verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of the organization's vital information
- Self-motivated, proactive, and solution driven
- Ability to work calmly through high-pressure, deadline-driven periods
- Must have strong organizational skills and must be able to multi-task
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran