The Service Technician will perform all activities associated with installing, servicing, and maintaining a wide range of the company’s state of the art CNC precision machine tools and related equipment for the railway industry.
- Use electrical schematics to test and troubleshoot electrical systems including switches, PLCs, PCs, CNCs, sensors, motors, and measurement devices
- Use laptops, PC applications, and printed documentation to test and troubleshoot PLC ladder logic programs
- Use drawings to test and troubleshoot basic mechanical systems such as pistons, rams, pulleys, belts, gears, lubrication systems, and alignment
- Use hydraulic schematics to test and troubleshoot hydraulic power systems
- Testing of all machines to verify calibration and operation
- Start-up and debug of newly manufactured or rebuilt machines both at the Simmons' factory and at customer’s facility
- Provide thorough reports immediately following all service activities
- Extensive travel both domestic and International is required; travel will be about 75-80% including weekends
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in a technical field, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering OR 3-5 years related experience in similar field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Excellent time management skills required
- Self-motivated individual - be able to hit the ground running meeting the company’s and client’s needs
- Very good working knowledge of mechanical and electrical process and must be able to merge them together so that the equipment is operating efficiently and effectively
- Experience in programming and working with PLC’s a PLUS
- Work well with people
- Combine professionalism and enthusiasm in approach to work
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Send resume with proof of experience to:
Human Resources Dept.
1700 North Broadway
Albany, NY 12204
Fax: (518) 462-0371
Telephone calls will not be accepted.