Personnel in the Specialist Track are direct labor personnel who are highly skilled in a specific trade who may also have limited skills in other trades and add value inside the manufacturing environment. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Perform work related to assembly, installation, maintenance, and servicing of electrical systems
- Diagnose, repair, and replace broken or defective parts such as motors, switches, and fixtures
- Test, locate, and troubleshoot electrical circuits and equipment; read blueprints and plan for the installation of electrical equipment
- Make modifications on electrical and mechanical machinery and equipment when necessary
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems in electric circuits and equipment
- Effective operation of the following equipment: measuring instruments (micrometers, tape measures, dial calipers); precision machines (drill and punch presses, bench lathes); hand tools (drills, wrenches, grinders); and electrical tools (multi-meters, current meters, wire stripping, and marking equipment, etc.)
- Perform a variety of tasks/duties that may change often
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Training Manager – Assembly/Field Service or any other Manager, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by Simmons Machine Tool Corporation
- Reports to Training Manager – Assembly/Field Service
Training and Opportunities:
Training and opportunity to learn and/or prove skills in the following disciplines include:
- Technical Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Commissioning Skills
- Milling Machining
- Turning Machining
- Special Machining
- Surface Prep/Treatment
- Material Handling
- Large Part/Piece Rigging
- ERP Utilization
- Project Coordination
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Three (3) years experience as a journey-level electrician or completion of a recognized training program in the electrical field
- Ability to read and interpret electrical plans and diagrams, electric codes, and blueprints
- Ability to build control systems, electrical cabinets, electrical panels and machine equipment using electrical plans, diagrams, and blueprints
- Knowledge of the standard practices, materials, and tools of the electrical trade, knowledge of the occupational hazards of the electrical trade and related safety precautions; knowledge of National Electric Code required
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy and use logical step-by-step procedures to complete tasks
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards such as safety belts and protective glasses
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Send resume with proof of experience to:
Human Resources Dept.
1700 North Broadway
Albany, NY 12204
Fax: (518) 462-0371
Telephone calls will not be accepted.