The Specialist Track - Machinist position produces machine parts using a variety of machinery and tools in a safe, efficient, and timely manner for specialized machine tool manufacturing.
Personnel in the Specialist Track are direct labor personnel who are highly skilled in a specific trade who may also have limited skills in other trades and add value inside the manufacturing environment. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Produce high quality machine parts in a safe, efficient, and timely manner
- Work individually as well as with fellow employees to meet departmental efficiency, delivery, and quality goals
- Follow direction and take criticism and/or praise in a professional manner
- Identify, analyze, and solve problems and be able to reach acceptable and workable solutions
- Exhibit the willingness to make decisions when appropriate, but also identify the proper times to defer decisions to Management when necessary
- Perform a variety of tasks/duties that may change often
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Manufacturing Supervisors or any other Manager, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by Simmons Machine Tool Corporation
- Reports to Machining & Fabrication Manager
Training and Opportunities:
Training and opportunity to learn and/or prove skills in the following disciplines include:
- Technical Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Electrical Skills
- Commissioning Skills
- Surface Prep/Treatment
- Material Handling
- Large Part/Piece Rigging
- ERP Utilization
- Project Coordination
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Three (3) years’ experience as a journey-level machinist or completion of a recognized training program in the field of machining
- H.S. Diploma required or G.E.D.
- Proven knowledge in Shop Math and in the use of measuring instruments (micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.)
- Must be hardworking, reliable, honest, and take pride in workmanship
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining high quality performance
- Must possess proven working knowledge of all types of Manual machine tools, CNC machine tools, and machine tooling (drills, taps, mills, etc.)
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy and use logical step-by-step procedures to complete tasks
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures and follow instructions
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards such as safety belts and protective glasses
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran