The Specialist Track - Industrial Painter (Industrial Painting, Coating, and Surface Preparation) position is responsible for painting, coating, and surface preparation as well as assuring that all applicable materials meet the customer specifications and achieve superior quality and detail in regards to surface treatment.
Personnel in the Specialist Track are direct labor personnel who are highly skilled in a specific trade who may also have limited skills in other trades and add value inside the manufacturing environment. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Sandblast, clean, fill, paint, and black oxide industrial machinery and parts as applicable
- Mix a wide variety of paints and hardeners to proper application specifications
- Complete required company paperwork on machine progress
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by Simmons Machine Tool Corporation
- Maintains and cleans work area (paint booth, black oxide areas) to ensure proper operation
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Manufacturing Management, necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Reports to Machining & Fabrication Manager
- Other duties as required by the Company
Training and Opportunities:
Training and opportunity to learn and/or prove skills in the following disciplines include:
- Technical Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Electrical Skills
- Commissioning Skills
- Milling Machining
- Turning Machining
- Special Machining
- Material Handling
- Large Part/Piece Rigging
- ERP Utilization
- Project Coordination
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of mixing a wide variety of paints and hardeners required
- Requires general knowledge of a manufacturing environment
- Forklift experience is a plus
- Good communication, detail oriented, and self-motivational skills required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
- Must be hardworking, reliable, honest, and take pride in workmanship
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards such as safety belts and protective glasses
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran