Simmons Machine Tool Corporation seeks a highly motivated individual to fill the full time position of Assistant Controller. The Assistant Controller works as part of a team overseeing two individuals in the accounting department. This position also requires the ability to manage and complete projects independently. This position reports to the Controller.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- G/L account reconciliations
- Fixed asset accounting
- Review of A/P, A/R, P/R and Purchasing transactions
- Preparation of multi-state sales tax returns
- Coordination of annual audit
- Inventory management
- Other duties as required
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 5 plus years of experience required in Accounting or similar field
- Experience in percentage of completion accounting a must
- Job costing knowledge and experience is necessary
- Experience in Encompix ERP system, Crystal Reports and Sage Fixed Assets helpful, but not required
- Proficient in MS Excel (advanced knowledge of pivot tables, vlookups, formulas, etc.)
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Self-motivated, proactive and solution driven
- Ability to work calmly through high-pressure, deadline-driven periods
- Must have strong organizational skills and must be able to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Excellent time management skills required
- Must work well with people
- Must combine professionalism and enthusiasm in approach to work
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran