The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for product inspection and to assure that all products manufactured or assembled meet the customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels.
This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Perform inspections of equipment and interpret mechanical drawings provided in order to confirm that customer specifications have been met
- Calibrate precision measurement according to mechanical drawings and specifications
- Complete required company paperwork on machine parts inspection activity and maintain quality records
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Manager and/or Supervisor(s), necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by Simmons Machine Tool Corporation
- Reports to Manager, Quality & Process Improvement
- Other duties as required by the Shop Supervisor or the Director of Manufacturing Operations within the support track which could include material handling, rigging, inventory control, etc.
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prior QC or QA experience required
- Experience in operation of CMM equipment
- Operation of CMM with PC DIMIS software a plus
- General Math and Trigonometry skills
- Proficient with shop measuring tools, such as Micrometers and Verniers
- Detail oriented and have good organizational skills
- General knowledge of manufacturing equipment, metals, and their properties
- Neat and clean personal appearance
- Proficient computer skills such as MS Access, MS Excel, and MS Word required
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis required
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.
This is a Union shop.
Simmons offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Disability/Veteran