Hegenscheidt-MFD Corporation is seeking a Service Technician to perform all activities associated with installing, servicing, and maintaining a wide range of our state of the art CNC precision machine tools and related equipment for the automotive, aerospace, and railroad industries. This position’s home base will be Hegenscheidt-MFD’s Sterling Heights, Michigan location, with extensive travel to customers’ facilities worldwide.
- Use electrical schematics to test and troubleshoot electrical systems including switches, PLCs, PCs, sensors, motors, and measurement devices
- Use laptops, PC applications, and printed documentation to test and troubleshoot PLC ladder logic programs
- Use drawings to test and troubleshoot mechanical systems such as pistons, rams, pulleys, belts, gears, lubrication systems, and alignment
- Use hydraulic schematics to test and troubleshoot hydraulic power systems
- Testing of all machines to verify calibration and operation
- Start-up and debug of newly manufactured or rebuilt machines both in Sterling Heights and at customer’s facility
- Extensive travel both domestic and International is REQUIRED; travel will be about 60-90% including weekends
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall it be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a technical field, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering OR 2+ year’s related experience in similar field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are REQUIRED
- Excellent time management skills REQUIRED
- Must be a self-motivated individual and be able to hit the ground running meeting the company’s and client’s needs
- Very good working knowledge of mechanical and electrical process and must be able to merge them together so that the equipment is operating efficiently and effectively
- Siemens experience and training
- Experience in programming and working with PLCs a PLUS
- Must work well with people
- Must combine professionalism and enthusiasm in approach to work
- Proficiency in MS Office suite of products
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that we look for in all candidates.
Hegenscheidt-MFD Corporation offers a complete medical/health care plan, 401(K), and incentive programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled