Support Track – Quality Assurance Technician
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for product inspection and to assure that all products manufactured or assembled meet the customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels.
Personnel in the Support Track Function are skilled indirect labor personnel that foster higher productivity and efficiency in the manufacturing environment by insuring needs are met and materials/tools/labor are organized and available as production demands. This is a non-exempt hourly position in the Manufacturing Department. Candidates may be asked to work any shift, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as defined by Company needs.
- Perform inspections of equipment and interpret mechanical drawings provided in order to confirm that customer specifications have been met
- Calibrate precision measurement according to mechanical drawings and specifications
- Complete required company paperwork on machine parts, inspection activity, and maintain quality records
- Perform any reasonable request, within qualifications, by Manager and/or Supervisor(s), necessary for the smooth, efficient operation of the factory and consistent production
- Responsible for the performance of above mentioned duties with minimum supervision, as required, to the quality and safety standards acceptable by Simmons Machine Tool Corporation
- Reports to Manager, Quality & Process Improvement
- Other duties as required by the Shop Supervisor or the Director of Manufacturing Operations within the support track which could include material handling, rigging, inventory control, etc.
Training and Opportunities:
Training and opportunity to learn and/or prove skills in the following disciplines include:
- Technical Skills
- Mechanical Skills
- Electrical Skills
- Commissioning Skills
- Milling Machining
- Turning Machining
- Special Machining
- Surface Prep/Treatment
- Material Handling
- Large Part/Piece Rigging
- ERP Utilization
- Project Coordination
This description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prior QC or QA experience required
- Experience in operation of CMM equipment
- Operation of CMM with PC DIMIS software a plus
- General Math and Trigonometry skills
- Proficient with shop measuring tools, such as Micrometers and Verniers
- Detail oriented and have good organizational skills
- General knowledge of manufacturing equipment, metals, and their properties
- Proficient computer skills such as MS Access, MS Excel, and MS Word required
- Good communication and self-motivational skills required
- Lifting up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis required
- Potentially stand for an entire working shift
- Ability to work in a typical manufacturing environment and must be familiar with safe working practices and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards such as safety belts and protective glasses and perform job duties in accordance with those practices
Character, integrity, and trustworthiness are very important attributes that Simmons Machine Tool Corporation looks for in all candidates.